What are bed bugs?
Bed bugs are small, insects, about the size of an apple seed. They survive by feeding on the blood of people and other animals.
Why are they in my home?
The “common bed bug” has become increasingly common - with the number of reported infestations growing exponentially over the past decade. Entomologists chalk it up to two likely factors : less toxic pesticides and increasing international travel. Even the cleanest home or hotel can fall prey to bed bugs. Once inside, they can spread rapidly. Bed bugs are great hitchhikers and can travel easily from place to place in luggage and your personal belongings.
Why encasements are so important?
While no product can prevent bed bugs from entering your home, CleanRest® can encase your mattress, pillows, box springs and duvets so that in the event your home or building becomes infested, you can properly fumigate your living space and keep the bed bugs from ever reaching your bedding. In six months an untreated infestation can lead to more than 13,000 bed bugs.
|Day 1||6 Weeks||12 Weeks||16 Weeks||6 Months|
CleanRest® has been recommended by Orkin® as an effective method against blocking bed bugs.
Follow these handy tips to help keep bed bugs at bay.
- Remove all clutter from your home which makes finding bed bugs easier.
- Wash and dry your linens often.
- Closely inspect any second-hand furniture for bed bugs before you bring it into your residence.
- Inspect your residence regularly after a move-in, a trip or service worker comes in, or guests stay overnight.
- Encase all mattresses and pillows in your home with CleanRest® to prevent a potential bed bug infestation.